• Gyrating further to far end of the globe on my bed…lum.This rubber legged crew member attempts stance rewarded by a splash to boat’s bottom.
• [mee-di-ci-ine took I]
• I arise again to breath. Quickly,on my knees crawling down the hall
• Through a worm hole
• A long linear corridor conversing merging
• With whales and stars into a single vision
• Within my eyes the Earth sky and it’s as blue as my soul.
BUBBLE’S BALD HEAD
• AS THE MIST CLEARS THE MOUNTAINS, THEIR BROWN SKINS AND DARK SHADOWS MAY BE SEEN AMAZINGINGLY RISING ABOVE THE LONG HIGH HILLS AND FOG ENCIRCLING THE REDDEST CAMP FIRES WITH DANCING GERONIMO, SINGING COHISE AND PRAYING CRAZY HORSE,CRYING ROBERT KENNEDY AND HIS BROTHER JOHN,PREACHING MARTIN AND MALCOM,PROTESTING CESAR CHAVEZ,OBJECTING BARBERA JORDAN ALL IN MOTION…AROUND THE CAMP FIRES UNLIKE THE MODERN LAND BOUND BROOM DRIVING WEAPONLESS WARRIORS OF THE 20TH CENTURY GIRTH.
• UNTIL ONE DAY, BUBBLE EYES ROSE UPWARD, TOWARDS THE MOUNTAINS AND VIEWING MANY SHADOWS ,BUT QUICKLY RETURNS TO HIS EARTH SOUND TASK OF BROOM PUSHING, MOP DRIVING, WAX FLOPING DUTIES
• FROM 9 A.M. TO 5 P. M. BUBBLES’S JANITORIAL HAUL MUST CONTINUE;
• MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY ON HIS FEET,WITH KNEES AGAINST KNEES AND HANDS PRESSING FLOOR GLORY: NORTH BY NORTH WEST.
• IT’S HIS JOB SWEEPING FLOOR TOPS: BRIGHT, DUSTING THE PEEKS OF HILLS UNTIL THE VERY CRISS/CROSS SHINES
• HE’S A BLEACH BLUES MAN …PRAYING ON THE KNEES
• UNTL YOU CAN SEE JESUS
• AND AT 11.95 AN HOUR THERE IS THE LEMON PLEDGE SMELL THAT MUST RADIATE FROM THE VALLEY’S FLOOR.
• YOU CAN HEARD THE OLD MAN SAY: “GOTS TO GET CLEAN ,LORD
• GOTTA GET IT CLEAN ‘CAUSE MASTER GONE UH BE HERE IN SETTING DAY”
• SO ON THE OLD MAN BUBBLE SCRABBLED,SCUBBLED
• HE HAD TO GET RID OF THE SINGING FROM THE MOUNTAIN PEEKS
• THE VAPOR DANCING OVER THE WOODEN FLOORS
• FOR HIS JOB DEPENDED ON THE CLEAR WHITE FLOOR
• AND THE BOSSMAN SAYING IT WAS SO
• MR. EDISON ARRIVED ON TIME AN DROVE HIS HUMMER ABOUT THE FLOOR KILLING BUGS AND SPITTING
• THEN WITH A EAR FULL OF MOUNTAIN SONG HE SAID DO IT AGAIN , OLD MAN
• THE SONG IS WRONG
• THE OLD MAN’S EYES THEN EARS ROSE TOWARDS THE INDIAN SONGS
• ABOVE THE CLOUDS INTO THE VERY PUPILS OF THE ELDERS OF MARTIN OF MALCON OF GERONIMO OF COHISE OF CRAZY HORSE OF BIG BUBBLE BALD HEAD SR III
• DOWN WENT THE CLIFFS AND STEEP HILLS
• DOWN HE THREW DOWN THE BLUE DETERGINE WITH WHITE BLEACH
• DOWN WENT THE AJAX AND COMET
• DOWN WENT DOWN THE EXTRA LONG HANDLED MOP THAT HIS DADDY HAD BROUGHT HIM
• DOWN CAME THE ROLLING MOUNTAIN PEEKS
• LANDING IN ONE LARGE PILE OF DO-DO
• BUBBLE KICKED THE BUCKET
• DROPPED THE WAXER AND WALKED
• AWAY INTO THE CLEARING MIST
• OF DUN
The Earth Smell
• She smells like the earth at all times of the passing moon
• Likes to walk about in her underwear
• Pushing against the wind’s crying warning
• With that fresh earth smell of hers…
• Depositing it where ever she goes… on an arm, on a stomach, on the face, on the leg or any place on planet earth.
• She sweats in Channel No. 19 and when all becomes calm, she takes that 6 a. m. yawn: the big breath inhaling in Africa, exhaling out of Europe. She’s full of air throughout her lungs; is full of water within her throat; full of land under her feet.
• Whirling air
• Spinning water
• Tambling over the land
• She sends
• Virgins ocean tides against old rock of ages;
• High pressure centers bouncing off low;
• Dirt careening off of boulders
• In time, all shall mountain down to the smallest of hills and the earth smell shall hover above the earth. And her soulful droplets shall drop from the nose like falling rain to the ground to be absorbed by the soil and soul and only the earth hounds know—the scent.
• Blue blood dogs endlessly chasing the stuff from her nose keeping up a powerful pace compelled by her aura. Blue blood dogs seeing red while keeping the beat in the warning wind with the half moon moving to full.
• Now, she breaths more heavily, for the moon has reached her full cycle and the dogs have slowed. She turns over grasping a tree branch to blow her nose. And when her nose comes clean and empty, she all at once takes to the sky:
• jetting from the earth
• blazing from the solar system,
• blotting from the universe,
• Leaving us poor dogs behind sniffing for the odor of her earth smell.